submitted by J.D.Altemara
This was always a favorite of mine growing up and now that I've got a family of my own, they ask for it every chance they get! It's simpler than it sounds and if you usually have Bisquick handy, cost very little to make.
* * *
1-1 1/2 c. Bisquick
1 lb ground beef
1 c. sour cream
1/2 to 1 c. mayo
shredded cheddar -amount variable, I use about 1 cup
garlic and onion powder to taste
Preheat oven to 350
1. Mix Bisquick with water to the consistency of chewed bubble gum.
2. Spread (with wet hands) over bottom and sides of a casserole dish. The size of dish is pretty flexible, usually something pretty deep.
3. Season meat with the garlic and onion powder, brown and drain.
4. Spread meat over bottom of dish.
5. Drizzle ketchup over meat (some people use chopped tomatoes instead).
6. Mix sour cream, mayo and a little shredded cheddar.
7. Spread over meat and cover generously with shredded cheddar.
8. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until crust is brown.
*Allow five minutes to cool before serving.
* * *
Return to Recipe Index
Copyright © 2005 by JD Altemara. All rights reserved.