You can make your own cards or gift wrap by using nature's bounty of freshly fallen leaves.
* * *
1) Use poster paint for printing on paper (for cards, gift wrap, etc.), or use acrylic paint if you decide to decorate an item that needs a waterproof finish (glassware, clay pots, etc.).
2) Brush a small amount of paint onto the underside of the leaf where the veins are more pronounced.
3) Carefully place the leaf where you want the design printed and cover with a layer of paper towel.
4) Gently roll a rolling pin over the top (or you can use the side of an empty bottle).
5) Remove the paper towel and lift the leaf.
* * *
Return to Frugal Holiday Crafts
Copyright © 2004 by Deborah Taylor-Hough. All rights reserved.