Submitted by Benetta Strydom
Turn an ordinary gift box or cardboard box into a sweet gift for any special occasion. Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Teacher's Appreciation Week, etc. Create pizzazz with artificial flowers and add a few fancy chocolates, or other gift items if preferred.
* * *
1 riffled cardboard box
5 to 7 green paper rose leaves
a selection of small artificial paper flowers
1 small decorative white ribbon
15 to 20 pink seed beads
3D Foam Tape (use the type that are pre-cut into small squares)
A few luxury chocolates
Steps to follow:
1. Using the green leaves, start making a "flower arrangement" on the lid of the box. Use the 3D Foam Tape squares instead of glue.
2. Now add the purple flowers, the small white roses and the small green-white flowers to the arrangement, again using 3D Foam Tape squares instead of glue.
3. Finish it off by adding a few seed beads to the arrangement. Use the quick-drying glue to fix them to the "arrangement." Remember to use only a small drop of glue for each seed bead. Use a pair of tweezers to make the task easier.
4. Add the ribbon as a finishing touch. Again use 3D Foam Tape.
5. Fill the box with cut pieces of raffia, and then add the chocolates to the box.
* * *
Return to Homemade Gift Ideas
Copyright © 2010 by Benetta Strydom. All rights reserved.