Submitted by Cheryl Troyer of OK
"Santa Face Bulb"
Everyone that sees this ornament wants one. My daughters liked them so much, that they asked me to make them a whole box of Santa Face Bulbs for their trees. This ornament has a lot of steps but is worth it in the end.
1. Take a box of red glass bulbs (I bought on clearance after Christmas last year), made the whole box.
2. Paint a flesh colored oval in the center of the bulb. Let dry completely.
3. Use black paint to paint eyes and a small tear shaped mouth. Let dry completely.
4. Add a thin line of dusty blue to make color on the eye. After that dries add dash of white to his eye (gives him a little gleam).
5. next use red paint to make lines for his nose and cheekbones.
6. After completely dry spray with clear spray paint to seal it.
7. Use fake snow paint (from Hobby Lobby) to paint his eyebrows, mustache, beard. Prop up in egg carton to let dry.
8. Use fake snow paint to make the fur trim on Santa’s hat. (Paint a circle all the way around top of bulb, just above Santa’s eyes.)
9. To finish it off, I made a loop with white ribbon, to hang it with. I made a 6 loop (3 loops on each side) bow and glued it in the center of the original ornament hanger with hot glue gun.
10. BEAUTIFUL. Everyone will love it!!!
Return to 5th Annual Homemade Christmas Ornament Contest
Frugal Living Index
Copyright © 2011 by Cheryl Troyer. All rights reserved.
Can't find the page you're looking for?
Free Membership and Ebook Bonus Gifts:
Sign up today and receive 2 ebooks (Dealing with Debt and 101 Coupon Tips) with your Free Membership. The Ebook gifts will be included in your Welcome letter! :o)
"It's not about being able to spend more money.
It's about enjoying and managing what you already have... BETTER!"
- Michelle Jones, Founder of BetterBudgeting
Living a Better Life® is a registered trademark and Better Budgeting a trademark of BetterBudgeting.com, BetterBudgeting.org, and it's parent company, Blue Ridge Publishing, Inc., PO Box 795, Powder Springs, GA 30127.