submitted by Sandra Compton
I recently offered to host a graduation party for a close friend. With decorations, table cloths, plates, utensils, and food, it can add up to be very expensive.
* * *
I found many ways to help keep the cost down for any party. I searched online for decorating ideas that I could put together myself.
1. Dollar stores are a great resource for party invitations.
2. I found a "congratulations" banner idea online that I made from scrapbooking paper. I bought the decorative scrapbooking paper when it was on sale, 5 pieces for $1.00. The total cost with paper and ribbon was $4.00. It fit the color scheme nicely.
3. Party favors were also made with scrapbooking paper on sale, ribbon and candy.
4. I purchased tableware, balloons and streamers with my Extra Reward Bucks I had from CVS.
5. And I planned and purchased my food items around items that were on sale for Memorial Day!
This was for a graduation party but these budget saving ideas can be used for any special occasion; anniversary, birthday, etc.
* * *
How to submit a tip...
View more tip winners...
Copyright © 2014 by Sandra Compton. All rights reserved.