Submitted by Renee Hare
These snowmen are made from NESTLE CoffeeMate® creamer bottles found in the refrigerator dairy section of the grocery store. They are adorable!
* * *
Creamer bottle, empty and clean
5-inch diameter circle of white poster board
12-inch brown pipe cleaner, cut into 2 1-inch pieces and 1 10-inch piece
12x1-inch strip of red felt
1-inch pompom ball
6-8 white cotton balls
Black craft foam (self-sticking works best)
Orange craft foam
You will also need...
Hot glue gun or small glue dots
1. Clean inside of creamer bottle and remove outer plastic label.
2. Glue container in the center of the white poster board. Allow to dry.
3. Make 2 small puncture holes where arms will be, directly across from each other.
4. Slide 10-inch piece of brown pipe cleaner all the way through, then twist a 1-inch brown piece onto each end of the pipe cleaner, for the hands.
5. Cut black craft foam into 6 coal-like shapes for eyes and mouth, attach to face.
6. Cut orange craft foam into a triangle or carrot-nose shape, attach to face at flat end, pointing left or right.
7. Attach buttons to front.
8. Attach red felt "scarf" at back of neck, wrap around front and glue.
9. Attach pom-pom to creamer cap with hot glue.
11. Glue cotton balls onto white poster board around base of bottle for snow.
* * *
Return to Christmas on a Budget
Copyright © 2007 by Renee Hare. All rights reserved.