"Chilly Willy Penguin Ornament"
When my daughters were young I made them a new ornament every year. When they got married, with a tree of their own, I gave them the ornaments I had made. These are treasured memories and keepsakes. Now my grandchildren ask "Meme, what are you going to make us this year?" This year I made a cute little penguin "Chilly Willy".
1. First I spray painted a box of glass bulbs black and let dry. (It took a couple of coats of paint.)
2. Next I hand painted a white heart, with a circle on the bottom (see photo) on the front of the ornament to make a belly
3. After that paint was completely dry, I sprayed it with clear spray paint. This seals it and gives it a little shine.
4. I then cut out small triangles for noses and little feet from yellow foam felt.
5. I glued google eyes, triangle noses and feet into place. (I used super glue gel—the gel stays in place and doesn’t get all over your hands)
6. A Santa hat is optional. I think it’s cute with or without the hat. To make the hat, I used a rectangle piece of red felt 6"x2" I glued the short sides together, then used a needle and thread and gathered the top. Glue a white pom-pom on top to complete.
Frugal Living Index
Copyright © 2011 by Cheryl Troyer. All rights reserved.