Submitted by Kim Walston of TX
I love this ornament because it gives it so special is the opportunity it gave me to work on crafts with my 12 year old daughter, Bonnie. I find working on these small craft projects bring us much closer and I look forward to my time with her.
3" Clear Glass Ornament-for body (found at any craft store)
1 1/2" Styrofoam Ball-for head
Red and Green Felt-for hat & scarf
Orange and Green Pipe Cleaners-for nose & pipe
Set Googlie Eyes
Red Craft Paint-for mouth
Hot Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
1. Remove top of glass ornament and fill with approximately 1 teaspoon glitter.
2. Replace top and glue in place. Rotate ball to lightly coat ball with glitter.
3. Press Styrofoam ball into top of ornament and glue in place. Set aside.
4. Cut out 1 1/2" green felt circle.
5. Cut out 3" x 1" green felt rectangle. Wrap around finger and glue together along short edge.
6. Press cotton ball into center. Trim to fit. Center and glue to the 1 1/2" felt circle.
7. Cut out 1" green felt circle.
8. Bend in half the paperclip. (should have 2 pieces). Press 1 half of paperclip through the center of the 1" circle.
9. Using pliers bend ends out and glue in place. There should be a half circle showing for ornament to hang on.
10. Glue 1' circle to top of hat.
11. Cut out 3" x 1/4" strip of red felt. Wrap and glue around base of hat.
12. Glue hat to the top of the 1 1/2" Styrofoam ball.
13. Cut out a 1/2" x 10" strip of red felt.
14. Tie around the throat area of snowman. Lightly glue in place.
15. Glue buttons down body on glass ball.
16. Glue googlie eyes in place.
17. Cut 1/2" orange piece of pipe cleaner for nose. Glue in place.
18. Paint mouth using craft paint. (Red pipe cleaner could be substituted)
19. Cut 1 1/2" green piece of pipe cleaner. Shape into pipe and glue to corner of mouth.
20. Let set to dry. Attach hook and hang on your Christmas Tree.
Return to 3rd Annual Homemade Christmas Ornament Contest
Frugal Living Index
Copyright © 2009 by Kim Walston. All rights reserved.
Can't find the page you're looking for?
Free Membership and Ebook Bonus Gifts:
Sign up today and receive 2 ebooks (Dealing with Debt and 101 Coupon Tips) with your Free Membership. The Ebook gifts will be included in your Welcome letter! :o)
"It's not about being able to spend more money.
It's about enjoying and managing what you already have... BETTER!"
- Michelle Jones, Founder of BetterBudgeting
Living a Better Life® is a registered trademark and Better Budgeting a trademark of BetterBudgeting.com, BetterBudgeting.org, and it's parent company, Blue Ridge Publishing, Inc., PO Box 795, Powder Springs, GA 30127.