Submitted by Amy Carter of Georgia
"Spool Christmas Tree Ornament"
This is special to me because it is made of "old timey" wooden thread spools, and I really like "old timey" things!
6 wooden thread spools, all the same size (or use 6 new spools of green thread)
1 wooden thread spool, slightly smaller than the other 6 (or use 1 new spool of brown thread)
green craft foam
letter beads – MERRY CHRISTMAS
1 star shaped bead
various beads for tree decorations
1. Cut a piece of green craft foam to the shape of 6 wooden spools set up bowling pin style.
2. Glue the wooden spools to this piece of green craft foam.
3. Color the tops of the spools with a green marker.
4. Wrap the tree shape with green ribbon (if using new spools of green thread, skip this step)
5. Glue a slightly smaller wooden spool to the bottom of the tree.
6. Glue "Merry Christmas" in beads to the front of the tree.
7. Glue beads to the tree for "decorations;" glue a star shaped bead to the top of the tree.
8. Attach a ribbon hanger to the back of the tree.
Return to 2nd Annual Homemade Christmas Ornament Contest
Frugal Living Index
Copyright © 2008 by Amy Carter. All rights reserved.
Can't find the page you're looking for?
Free Membership and Ebook Bonus Gifts:
Sign up today and receive 2 ebooks (Dealing with Debt and 101 Coupon Tips) with your Free Membership. The Ebook gifts will be included in your Welcome letter! :o)
"It's not about being able to spend more money.
It's about enjoying and managing what you already have... BETTER!"
- Michelle Jones, Founder of BetterBudgeting
Living a Better Life® is a registered trademark and Better Budgeting a trademark of BetterBudgeting.com, BetterBudgeting.org, and it's parent company, Blue Ridge Publishing, Inc., PO Box 795, Powder Springs, GA 30127.