"Folk Art Snowman Ornament"
Muslin or scrap of fabric
Craft paints: white, orange, black, blue and brown
Cord or embroidery floss (for hanging)
Felt or lace for scarf
(click on pattern to enlarge and print if needed)
1. Place pattern on wrong side of muslin and pin pattern into place. Trace around pattern with pencil, then cut out.
2. Sew together, following drawn pencil line. Leave a small opening between notches.
3. Turn right side out and stuff, then hand sew opening closed.
4. With a pencil lightly trace eye, nose and gloves on to the snowman.
5. Paint the entire snowman in white, use orange for the nose, red for the gloves. And blue for the eyes. Once the paint dries paint white polka dots on the gloves and add a little bit of white to paint the snow on top of the carrot.
6. Using a thin brush and black paint outline the eyes, nose, mouth and gloves.
7. To stain the snowman, water down brown paint, apply it to the snowman and wipe down excess paint. Add color to his checks with an oil pastel and an old brush.
Use a needle and cord to make a loop for hanging.
Return to 9th Annual Homemade Christmas Ornaments Contest
Frugal Living Index
Copyright © 2015 by BetterBudgeting. All rights reserved.