Submitted by Shirley Deyoe of California
"Pasta Angels 2"
It is fun to get a group of adults and children together and have an angel making session, there is no limit to the creativity that will emerge. This angel is easily made from different pastas, glue, and craft paint. It can be personalized by adding special things such as distinctive facial features or accessories held in the angel's hands.
Small wooden bead for head, about 7/8" diameter
1 piece of rigatoni pasta for body
2 pieces of elbow macaroni for arms
1 piece of bow-tie pasta for wings
Any kind of very fine pasta, stars or chunks to use as hair (coarse sand should work)
metal ring from wedding section of craft store, or pipe cleaner for halo
fine tip marking pen for facial features
white craft paint and small brush
white glue and brush to apply (I like tacky glue)
glitter glue (optional)
Piece of Styrofoam and toothpicks or short piece of straw (to help hold angel upright as glue dries)
1. Glue wooden bead to one end of rigatoni pasta. (Place toothpick or straw into foam and stand body upright to let glue dry.)
2. Use fine tip marking pen to make facial features. (If you don't like your first try, make another face on opposite side and use the one you like best.
3. To make hair: dip back area of head into shallow dish of glue, then into dish of tiny pasta or coarse sand.
4. Glue on elbow macaroni for arms and bow tie pasta for wings.
5. Let dry for few minutes and then paint body and wings with white paint. Paint hair any color you choose. Use a small brush.
6. Finish off with glitter glue on wing tips and add any desired decoration in angels hands. I use a small bow and or a tiny songbook cut from paper. (How about golf clubs, or sports equipment?)
7. Finally, glue metal ring, or pipe cleaner fashioned into halo onto head. Sign by adding initials to the back of the wings.
These angels also look wonderful when spray painted with metallic gold or silver and need no facial features. You can mount a whole batch of them on a Styrofoam base and spray a large number at once.
Return to 2nd Annual Homemade Christmas Ornament Contest
Frugal Living Index
Copyright © 2008 by Shirley Deyoe. All rights reserved.
Can't find the page you're looking for?
Free Membership and Ebook Bonus Gifts:
Sign up today and receive 2 ebooks (Dealing with Debt and 101 Coupon Tips) with your Free Membership. The Ebook gifts will be included in your Welcome letter! :o)
"It's not about being able to spend more money.
It's about enjoying and managing what you already have... BETTER!"
- Michelle Jones, Founder of BetterBudgeting
Living a Better Life® is a registered trademark and Better Budgeting a trademark of BetterBudgeting.com, BetterBudgeting.org, and it's parent company, Blue Ridge Publishing, Inc., PO Box 795, Powder Springs, GA 30127.